Last weekend two of my dear friends in LA had a joint Birthday pool party so of course I had to bake something! My friend Boomer always requests anything with peanut butter and chocolate, so I decided to make this delicious peanut butter poundcake recipe I have into mini bundt cakes. Check it out here! Stacy doesn’t love chocolate so I wanted to make her own special birthday treat. I thought these blueberry lemon bars would be the perfect summer pool party snack. They were definitely a hit! unfortunately they are not gluten-free or primal…would love to have tried to adapt them but had no time with 5 out-of-town visitors all in the same weekend!!
Blueberry Lemon Bars (Adapted from IMPROV Kitchen) (Difficulty-Easy; Makes ~2dozen bars)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, at room temp.
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c. frozen blueberries thawed and drained of juice
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 ree-range organic egg whites
1 free range organic egg
2/3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt